Relieve Neck Pain Naturally
Neck pain is common. Poor posture, stress, poor sleeping habits or improper body alignment while sleeping and physical ailments over time can lead to a pain in the neck.
To prevent neck pain from becoming a chronic health concern, it’s important to address the problem adequately. Lifestyle adjustment, stretching, improving posture and safe natural remedies are ways that can help alleviate muscle pain and tension in the neck and possible headaches.
Tips to relieve neck pain
- Pay attention to your posture, and practice adjusting. Getting into the habit of always having good posture can go a long way when preventing neck pain. Some examples could include setting up a workstation to be ergonomically appropriate, or lifting heavy items with your legs rather than your back; in other words, squat when you pick up something heavy.
- Make sure you exercise your neck every day. Avoid abrupt moment but rather slowly stretch your head from side-to-side and up-and-down motions.
- Avoid sleeping on your stomach. Lying face down on your stomach can put uncomfortable pressure on your neck.
- Avoid cradling your phone between your neck and shoulder when taking calls.
- Certain spices such as turmeric, zinger, black pepper, cinnamon, clove have known to exhibit anti-inflammatory properties. Consuming these spices may help to reduce inflammation in the concerning areas
- Keep hydrated. Make sure you drink plenty of water throughout the day. A dehydrated body can develop tighter muscles, ligaments, and tendons which can lead to neck stiffness.
Gently massage your neck area with Dr Kohli’s Muscle & Joint Pain Oil, twice daily. Dr. Kohli’s Muscle & Joint Pain Oil is an effective topical formulation made from over dozens of herbs infused in the oil alongside other essential oils. Applying and gently massaging this soothing oil to the problematic areas can provide you almost instant relief.